Pickup point is at you hotel, if you are departing from San Jose Airport (Juan Santamaria - SJO) please notice that the pickup point is Denny's Restaurant, 5 minutes away from the airport, please for your safety take a taxi to get there, it should cost around $5, for more information please visit San Jose Airport Shuttles
Questions and answers
Dear customer, please read our Cancelation Policies for Shared Shuttles in Costa Rica:
- Modification notified with more than 48 hours prior to departure = no modification charge.
- Date modification notice with less than 48 hours prior to departure will be penalized according the cancelation policies.
- Cancelation notice with more than 48 hours prior to departure = no cancelation charge..
- Cancelation notice with less than 48 hours prior to departure including last minutes reservations (services booked within 48 hours) = 100% cancelation charge.
- No show = 100% cancelation charge.
- 10 minutes maximum waiting time at pickup.
- Each passenger is allowed one carry-on and one item of luggage. The carry-on must stay with the passenger at all times, while the luggage item will be tagged and placed in the luggage compartment. CostaRicaTripGuide will not be responsible for loss or damage to carry-on items left unsupervised by the passenger. This includes carry-on items incorrectly stored with the luggage.
- Transportation of additional luggage, or large items are not included in the price and must be arranged ahead of time with CostaRicaTripGuide. Each extra luggage will be charged, according to the rate existing.
When going from San Jose Airport, Arenal Volcano, Monteverde and Jaco beach to Tambor, Mal País, Montezuma and Santa Teresa Beaches the best route is taking the Ferry Boat crossing the Nicoya Gulf. It is a 1.45 hours ride departing from Puntarenas Port to Paquera Dock.
Available Departure times from Puntarenas Port:
Available Departure times from Paquera Dock
- Adults: ¢810.00 ($1.50 approx.)
- Children ¢485.00 ($0.78 approx.)
- Bikes: ¢3.400 ($5.88 approx)
- Bicycles: ¢2.200 ($3.5 approx)
- Cars: ¢11.400 ($22.00 approx)
- MiniVans: ¢22.000 ($35.00 approx)
As soon as you get to the departure point, there is a small office just next to Musmanni Bakery where you can purchase your tickets.
Costa Rica money is Colon. Our currency fluctuates from Monday to Friday.
The average exchange rate goes from ¢530.00 to ¢536.00 per USD$1.00 but it can vary depending on demand.
TIP: If you do the exchange at the airport, the bank will pay lower rate so, is better to get Colones at the banks in the towns or directly from the ATM machines.
There are a couple of things you should know before thinking of driving in Costa Rica with children:
- All children 12 and under MUST be in a adjustable car seat in the back seat of the car.
- For children under 1 year old, with less than 10 kilos (22 pounds) weight, the car seat should be positioned backwards, facing the back of the car.
When planning your Costa Rica vacation with your familly please consider these reglamentations. If you need more information please let us know.
Traveling alone or with your couple? Need to keep an eye on your budget? then Shared Shuttles are the perfect way to travel around Costa Rica. Get to your destination fast, secure and on time while meeting other people. Features:
- Shared Shuttles are available on a daily basis
- Morning and afternoon departs (depending on the destination)
- Door-to-door service (We will pick you up at your hotel and leave you at your next destination hotel)
- From/to most popular destinations in Costa Rica, including Arenal Volcano, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio, Jaco, Tamarindo, San Jose (SJO) and Liberia (LIR) airports. Please check the complete list of Shared Shuttles Destinations.
- Insurance for each passenger
- Prices are per person.
A Private Transfer in Costa Rica is often the best choice for families and groups of friends. You have the van for your exclusive use, meaning private service with no other passengers except for those in your party. If traveling with more than 3 people this is your choice. Features:
- Airport Meet & Greet
- Departing at time and place of your convenience
- Includes all Costa Rica destinations
- Door-to-door service
- Bilingual guide-driver
- Stops on the road at your convenience
- Insurance for each passenger
- Latest model mini-vans. with A/C
- Prices are per van
- Book Now